● Every day, new workouts are added, ranging from 59-minute “journey” rows without a coach to 15-minute mat yoga and Pilates sessions to 5-minute cooldowns and plank challenges.
● Most rowing sessions with Hydrow Athletes (coaches) last 15 or 20 minutes, which is ideal for folks with busy schedules like myself or those who want to mix and match their workouts.
The Hydrow is a streamlined, low-profile rowing machine that simulates drag using unique electromagnetic technology, giving you the impression that you are truly rowing on the water.
It includes a built-in touchscreen display that is 22 inches (56 cm) wide and provides streaming workouts shot on the water all over the world.
Comparable to the Hydrow
I’ll be honest, my favourite activity has never been rowing. To start, rowing on the water isn’t a possibility for me because I live in the landlocked state of Colorado.
So, before purchasing a Hydrow, my only rowing experience was a weekend kayaking trip in college (which was a quick way to earn all the necessary PE credits) and my summers spent at Girl Scout camp, which didn’t exactly qualify me as regatta material.
The Hydrow is slender and lengthy. I was astonished at how little room it needed.
● Size: 86″L x 25″W x 47″H (218 cm x 63 cm x 119 cm)
● 145 pounds (66 kilogrammes); 197 pounds (89 kg) boxed
● Maximum height fits inseams up to 36″ (91 cm)
● Maximum weight holds 375 pounds maximum (170 kg)
● Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution
● 22″ screen size (56 cm)
You can even store the Hydrow vertically with an upright storage conversion adapter.
The Hydrow is expensive, so this is where the assessment becomes a little less positive. This machine will cost you more than $2,000, at least. You might want to think about the company’s pre-packaged options if you’re interested in the Hydrow plus accessories.
Using the Hydrow made you feel
The machine is smooth and silent, the seat is padded and comfortable, and the drag makes you feel like you’re actually in the water.
I enjoy working out on the Hydrow, and I find myself looking forward to my rowing workouts. They’re difficult.
But even though rowing is a high-intensity aerobic workout that causes sweating, it is still low impact and gives my core, legs, upper back, and shoulders the same feeling of strength training. Exercise on the Hydrow achieves a wonderful balance between challenge and accessibility.
Hydrow workouts are quite beneficial and essential, but they don’t fully reflect how you’ll feel until you start using the actual exercise collection. I even briefly considered whether the Hydrow would cause my heart rate to increase at first.
I discovered that it was simple to get started with the Hydrow as someone who had never rowed for fitness. The rowing machines I used to use at the gym, even the ones with water in the pulley system, are so different from these.