Varanasi: At least five people were killed and 66 others were injured in a major fire at a Durga Puja Pandal in Uttar Pradesh’s Bhadohi Friday night, according to authorities.
The fire broke out at 9 p.m., during aarti at the puja pandal to commemorate ‘Saptami,’ or the seventh day of the Navratri festival.
According to authorities, over 150 people were inside the pandal at the time of the event, and the injured were brought to the hospital for treatment.
According to District Magistrate Gaurang Rathi, overheating of a halogen bulb sparked the incident.
“A halogen light at the pandal overheated, causing an electric cable to catch fire at many spots at the same time. The fire quickly devoured the wooden scaffolding and the tent “He stated.
In this incident a 45 year old lady got injured and a kid of 10 years died last night.And with this, two women who came to this festival died in the hospital.
Police Superintendent Anil Kumar stated that a First Information Report, or FIR, had been filed at the Aurai police station.
A lesson can be learned from this accident that a small mistake can cost everyone’s life, so always be careful wherever you go.and save your life and that of your family
Yogi Adityanath, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, has expressed his condolences for the loss of life in the event.
According to the Chief Minister’s Officer, he has asked district administration personnel to go to the hospital and ensure that the injured are properly treated.